Property Crime Facts (According to the FBI in the US: www.fbi.gov, and BumpKeyWarning.com):
- One property crime happens every 3 seconds.
- One burglary occurs every 10 seconds.
- One violent crime occurs every 20 seconds.
- One aggravated assault occurs every 35 seconds.
- One robbery occurs every 60 seconds, or 1 minute.
- One forcible rape occurs every 2 minutes.
- There were over 2 million burglaries in 2005.
- An increase in burglary offenses was the only property crime to increase in 2005 compared with the prior year data.
Home Invasion Facts:
- According to a United States Department of Justice report:
- 38% of assaults & 60% of rapes occur during home invasions.
- 1 of every 5 homes will experience a break-in or home invasion. That’s over 2,000,000 homes!
- According to Statistics Canada, there has been an average of 289,200 home invasions annually over the last 5 years.
- Statistically, there are over 8,000 home invasions per day in North America
- According to Statistics U.S.A., there was an average of 3,600,000 home invasions annually between 1994 and 2000.
Whether it is workplace violence, home invasions, car jacking, armed robbery, rape, identity theft or any of a number of other crimes, YOU need to take the controls, and arm yourself with the best available preventative measures.
One of those preventative measures is making yourself aware of who you are dealing with, through criminal background searches. Perform an individual background check on the contractor and crew that you have hired to renovate your house, the plumber, your nanny, your new neighbor. You get the idea. If it doesn’t feel right, it probably isn’t. Know who and what you are dealing with. Arm your self with information. Don’t allow yourself to become blind-sided.
http://www.NationSearch.com can help you with all of your background screening needs, be it personal, individual, or pre employment.