CAN YOU SPOT THE FELON?
One or more of these people is a perpetrator of Identity Theft, and has entered into the interview process under someone else’s identity.
Forget what you’ve seen in Hollywood movies or television crime dramas. The truth of the matter is that criminals don’t necessarily look like criminals. In fact, the majority of the time, they look like everyone else. That’s why NationSearch has the tools and services, including the ability to conduct accurate criminal searches, in place to assist with Identity Verification, Validation, and Fraud Prevention.
- Criminals look like everyone else.
- Knowing who you are hiring is crucial to the health and well-being of your company and employees.
- Being informed assists you in making better hiring decisions.
CONSENT BASED SOCIAL VERIFICATION (CBSV)
A successful hire starts with a valid Social Security number. How do you know if an applicant has provided his or her correct SSN? NationSearch can help you through our SSA records searches. The Consent Based Social Security Number Verification (CBSV) is a search of the Social Security Administration’s (SSA) database to confirm that the information obtained from an applicant matches the information held in SSA records (name, address, date of birth, etc.).
Approximately one-third of E-Verify post-hire rejections are due to SSN name and number mismatches. The CBSV is a great pre-hire verification.
- Requires consent from the SSN holder.
- Verifies that the SSN holder’s name, date of birth, and SSN matches the SSA’s records.
- Returns a match verification of “yes” or “no”.
- Returns a “death indicator” if the SSN is found to be that of a deceased individual.
- CBSV is not a verification of identity, citizenship or employment eligibility.
SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER/ADDRESS HISTORY TRACE
The Social Security Number (SSN)/Address Trace is a valuable tool when used in conjunction with a background screening. The SSN/Address Trace pulls vital information from the Credit Bureaus and various other aggregate sources, serving as another great tool in our arsenal of identity verification services.
The information culled consists of:
- Names and Aliases used (including maiden names, nicknames, etc.)
- Date of birth
- Current and past address history
- The investigation begins with the counties/states where the applicant has worked, lived, and applied for credit.
Note: A SSN/Address Trace is not a verification/guarantee that the Social Security Number belongs to the individual being screened.
Our identity verification services include using E-Verify, which is a United States Department of Homeland Security (DHS) website that allows businesses to determine the eligibility of their employees, both U.S. and foreign citizens, to work in the United States, and is currently the best means available to electronically confirm employment eligibility.
E-Verify is voluntary for most employers:
- An I-9 Form (Employment Eligibility Verification) is required to begin the E-Verify process.
- Verifies the identity and employment eligibility of newly hired employees.
- Electronically matches information provided on the I-9 Form against the SSA/DHS records and returns a result.
- Employers have 3 days after a person has started the job to enter the I-9 Form into the E-Verify system, if participating.
Approximately one-third of E-Verify post-hire rejections are due to SSN name and number mismatches.
Form I-9 is used for verifying the identity and employment authorization of all individuals hired for employment in the United States. Includes both citizens and non-citizens.
- Attest to his or her employment authorization
- Supply supporting documents:
- Evidence of identity
- Evidence of employment authorization
- Examine the supporting documents provided by the employee
- Determine if they appear to be genuine
- Determine if they relate to the employee who provided them
- Record the document information on the I-9
- Retain the form for inspection upon authorized request
Fast Start Package
starting at $19.95
FCRA Compliant • 1 SSN/Address Trace • 1 County Criminal Search
1 Multi-jurisdictional Criminal Search • 1 National Sex Offender Search
Our seamless process reduces stress and confusion by delivering accurate, FCRA compliant background checks.
From small businesses to major institutions, we work one-on-one with companies in diverse industries to meet specific screening needs.
We're committed to delivering detailed results quickly so you can be confident in your hiring decisions.